Announcement AASD 11-02
All Job Openings
||Atlanta Area School for the Deaf,
890 North Indian Creek Drive Clarkston, GA 30021
||Department of Education
|Description of Duties:
||Position in this job school is assigned responsibilities involving professional level work in planning, evaluating, and implementing a comprehensive physical therapy program for deaf/hard of hearing students.
• Provides direct work with deaf/hard of hearing students in one-to-one or group sessions.
• Evaluates students using appropriate tests, professional observation and supplementary information/records.
• Completes student assessments related to various physical skills and functional abilities, including neuro-muscular, coordination and control, balance, and ambulation.
• Makes recommendations concerning standardized treatments or intervention based on education indications.
• Interprets results, proposes an intervention plan, and appropriately conveys information to parents and school teams.
• In conjunction with IEP team members, develops Individualized Education Plans (IEP), including short and long range goals, frequency and duration regarding physical therapy
• Provides and implements interventions according to the IEP, including task oriented activities, neuro-motor activities, and student/teacher counseling and activities.
• Develops physical management plans for daily classroom routines and trains staff in plan implementation.
• Evaluates and reports on student progress in accordance with IEP requirements.
• Maintains records on each student in accordance with Federal, State, and school policies and procedures.
• Serves as a physical therapy resource to parents, students and school staff
||• Graduation from an accredited physical therapy program
• Possesses a current licensure as a physical therapist in the state of Georgia
||• Experience working in a school setting
• Sign language skills at the Novice or higher level based on SLPI
||Part-time, hourly position. $60.00 - 85.00 per hour based on the number of student caseloads, including assessments and written reports, no benefits.
Submit an Atlanta Area School for the Deaf Application* or State of Georgia Application for Employment to:
Tamecia K. Wright
Atlanta Area School for the Deaf
890 North Indian Creek Drive
Clarkston, Georgia 30021
*Resume/application should include daytime telephone number and prior employment history with addresses and telephone numbers. If a resume is submitted, it must be accompanied by a cover letter.
Consideration/interviews will begin as soon as a list of applicants is
established. Applications/resumes will be evaluated and only those meeting the
qualifications will be considered. Top candidates will be contacted for
interviews. No notification will be sent to applicants except those who are
selected for interviews. Due to the large volume of applications received by
this office, we are unable to provide information on your application
It is the policy of the Atlanta Area School for the Deaf not to discriminate
on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, or age in its
In accordance with Public Law 99-603, also known as the Immigration Reform
and Control Act of 1986, the Department of Education employs only U.S. citizens
and lawfully authorized alien workers. All persons hired by the Atlanta Area School for the Deaf are required
to verify identity and employment eligibility and must agree to undergo drug screening and a criminal background investigation.
An Equal Opportunity Employer