The process of application to the Georgia Department of Education is one of a candidate reviewing our advertised positions and applying to those which best
fit his/her employment history and qualifications.
Submit either by fax, U.S. mail, or email a cover letter and a resume OR a State of Georgia Application to:
Tracey Glen, Recruiter
Georgia Department of Education
Human Resources Office
2052 Twin Towers East
205 Jesse Hill, Jr. Drive
Atlanta, Georgia 30334
Please be sure to reference the job announcement number in your email or cover letter.
Please note: Please be sure to read the minimum qualifications posted for each position. Some of the education-specific positions require Georgia professional education certification. Documentation of this certification is required with the application/resume. An application or resume will not be considered for the position until this documentation is received in Human Resources. Georgia professional educator certification inquiries can be directed to the Georgia Professional Standards Commission by calling 404-232-2500 or visiting the web site at www.gapsc.com.
All Job Openings
||Systems Analyst 1 (Quality Control)
||1966 Twin Towers East,
||Office of Technology Services
|Description of Duties:
||Under general supervision, performs tasks in the functional areas grouped under professional support and development in the Quality Assurance unit. Additional duties include but are not limited to performing tasks in the functional areas grouped under professional support and development (facilitation, quality assurance, methodology, project management, and/or information management, training, CISCS, Data Base Administrator, high volume mailings, and a communication); performing tasks in the functional areas grouped under resource management (personnel acquisition, contract management, budgeting, equipment and space management, and Request for Data Processing (RFDPS) processing and tracking). Interacting with all levels of personnel in a way that promotes respect, encourages cooperation, and contributes to excellent performance; monitoring, evaluating, and assessing information system processes and procedures and technologies to improve efficiency and ensure quality; maintaining a consistent, high quality, customer-focused orientation when conducting business and providing services or products to clients, the general public and other external customers; maintaining knowledge of current trends and developments in the field and applies pertinent new knowledge to performance of other responsibilities.
||Bachelors Degree in a related field and one year of related experience OR Associate Degree or equivalent two-year technical certificate in a related field and three years of related experience OR Five years of related experience.
||Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications possess one or more years of experience in one or more of the following:
• Project Server administration
• Team Foundation Server and Visual SourceSafe administration.
• Windows operating system administration and server maintenance including maintenance of production servers
• Build system operations focusing on build and deployment of ASP.NET website and SQL artifacts
• Automation of ASP.NET website builds and deployments using NAnt and MSBuild
• Web design and development using web application projects in Visual Studio, C#, ASP.NET and SQL Server
• SQL database design and SSRS report development
• SQL server administration, maintenance, and monitoring
• Administration of website monitoring and server monitoring tools
• SharePoint 2007 administration
• Review, analyze, code, test and debug application systems using Systems development life cycle processes (SDLC)
• Review, analyze, and document business systems and user requirements producing deliverables such as use cases, UI mockups, functional specifications, workflow process diagrams, data flow / data model diagrams
• Develop and implement test plans, write and maintain test automation, define and track quality assurance metrics
• Microsoft Word, Visio, Excel, Project, PowerPoint
||Pay Grade 17 – Annual salary range $43,063.23 (minimum) to $75,523.31 (maximum). Hiring salary is commensurate with current employment and relevant education/training and work experience and available funding. Benefit options include life, disability, dental and health insurance, annual/sick leave, and Employees’ Retirement or Teachers’ Retirement.
Consideration/interviews will begin as soon as a list of applicants is
established. Applications/resumes will be evaluated and only those meeting the
qualifications will be considered. Top candidates will be contacted for
interviews. No notification will be sent to applicants except those who are
selected for interviews. Due to the large volume of applications received by
this office, we are unable to provide information on your application
It is the policy of the Georgia Department of Education not to discriminate
on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, or age in its
In accordance with Public Law 99-603, also known as the Immigration Reform
and Control Act of 1986, the Department of Education employs only U.S. citizens
and lawfully authorized alien workers. All persons hired by the Georgia Department of Education are required
to verify identity and employment eligibility and must agree to undergo drug screening and a criminal background investigation.
An Equal Opportunity Employer